Dr. Peter Rullan
Dr. Peter Rullan has been in private practice in Chula Vista since 1983. He is married and has four children. He was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. His father's family is French-Spanish from Majorca, and his mother's is Ukrainian-Polish from New York. He is one of 20 physicians in his family over the last four generations.
Dr. Rullan did his undergraduate training at the University of Chicago. He received his Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Puerto Rico. He did his Internship and Dermatology training at the University of California, Irvine. He became Board Certified in Dermatology in 1983. He is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery with special certification in Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Rullan is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery since 1984. He is Past-President of the San Diego Dermatologic Surgical and Medical Societies. He has lectured and conducted clinical training seminars both locally and internationally in the art of chemical peeling. He has been selected as one of "America's Best Doctors" (2002-2014) and "San Diego's Best Doctors" (2003-2004). "San Diego's Best Doctors" is selected by his peers and other physicians when asked "who would you send your family to?"- as reported in the "San Diego Magazine".
Dr. Rullan is widely published and has been featured multiple times on local and national television news segments (CBS, ABC, KUSI, FOX). He is an author in chapters on Chemical Peels in 3 medical textbooks, and has lectured nationally and internationally over 100 times. He is a Volunteer Clinical Faculty at UCSD School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology.
His areas of special interests and training include the treatment of Acne and Psoriasis; Chemical Peels for Acne Scars, Skin Rejuvenation and Pigmentation; Tumescent Liposuction and Lipotransfer; Skin Cancer Treatment with Mohs Surgery and Reconstruction; And Sclerotherapy of Spider and Varicose Veins. His research in immunodermatology was published in "The Archives of Dermatology", and has multiple other publications in peer-reviewed journals such as The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal (PRS), The Journal of Facial Plastic Surgery and Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. He is one of only 20 physicians in the U.S. that are part of a 5-year prospective study on the safety of Artefill injections for the correction of facial wrinkles (soon to be published).
In 2013, Dr. Rullan was asked to be on Allergan's Advisory Board in San Diego. He was also invited to be a "Faculty Member"of the new skin care line by Dr. Obagi, "Z.O.".He served on the Board of the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery for 8 years. Dr. Rullan is Past-President of the Rotary Club of Chula Vista. His hobbies include golf, snow-skiing, scuba diving and playing guitar.
Dr. Rullan is also a member of The Hair Removal Journal, see his profile here at Laser Hair Removal San Diego.
- Certified by the American Boards of both Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery.
- Secretary of the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (CACS)
- Voluntary Associate Clinical Professor for the UCSD School of Medicine
- Voted by thousands of his peers to be one of the best Doctors in America.
- Selected as a Top Dermatologist in the world by the International Association of Dermatologists.
- Spotlighted in the renowned publication, The Leading Physicians of The World.
Dr Rullan lectures nationally and internationally including:
- Faculty Speaker at the 23rd world Congress of Dermatology in Cacun, Mexico
- Faculty Speaker at the 22nd World Congress of Dermatology in Korea.
- Featured Speaker at the convention of the Chinese Academy of Dermatology meeting.
- The Featured Speaker at the 27th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Arizona
- Featured speaker at the Brazilian society of Cosmetic Dermatology.
- Future faculty speaker at the 2012 World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology in Cancun, Mexico.
- Medical Director of the CACS sponsored "Live Phenol Peel Course" 2012 and 2013
- Voted the best Skin Care Professional in the South County 2012 and again in 2013
- Past President of the San Diego Society of Dermatology and dermatologic Surgery.
- Staff consultant since 1983 at Sharp Community and Scripps Mercy hospitals.
- Past President of Chula Vista Rotary 1992-93 and is still actively involved.
- "Experience with Artecoll" (Dr. Rullan was one of the 8 leading investigators for an FDA-study in the use of a permanent filler for wrinkles)
- Most scholarly article of 2004: American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, awarded by the Trustees of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery for his work with Phenol Peels