What Can Skin Lasers Treat?
Skin laser treatments are performed to replace damaged skin with new, fresh skin. The end result is healthy, beautiful skin that can help you look and feel your very best. The providers at the Dermatology Institute can perform laser treatments to treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Pigmentation issues
- Splotchy, uneven skin tone
- Fine lines and facial wrinkles
Skin Laser Options
Dr. Rullan has invested a substantial amount of resources in offering the finest skin laser treatments available. All treatments are customized, and our providers at the Dermatology Institute always use lasers that are specific to your skin type or color in order to prevent undesirable results.
Depending on your unique skin care needs, we may recommend one of the following laser treatments:
- Clear Lift – A NO downtime dual capability laser for a variety of skin issues. Zero downtime. Use for keeping skin in good condition.
- Morpheus 8 – This Microneedling radio-frequency
- Clear + Brilliant – This is a perfect “first time” laser for superficial skin problems such as pigmentation or texture. Clear + Brilliant is a fractional nonablative laser best used in a beginning series with periodic refresher treatments. As an additional benefit, you will experience no downtime after your procedure.
- Alma Harmony XL ClearLift Tattoo Removal – Far fewer sessions and better color removal nanosecond laser.
- Vbeam Laser – This vascular laser is highly effective at treating redness and facial spider veins. The vascular light in the Vbeam laser is safely absorbed by the color red and will not injure or disrupt the skin.
- IPL Photofacial – This painless light-based treatment (not laser) is effective at removing diffuse pigmentation on the face, neck, chest and arms. It also shrinks tiny vessels to reduce redness.
- Alma Harmony XL Erbium iPixel 2940nm – This treatment is highly effective for acne scarring and generalized skin texture improvement.
- ThermiSmooth– Not technically a laser, Thermi treatment utilizes radio frequency and is often a strong option for skin with higher levels of pigment and more obvious sun damage or aging. There is no downtime, just warming of the skin so that it stimulates collagen production.
- ThermiTight – Perfect for those not yet ready for a facelift, ThermiTight radio frequency with under the skin probe offers significant results with little downtime.
- ThermiVa – ThermiVa® is a quick, non-invasive, procedure delivering physician-controlled radio frequency energy using a thoughtfully designed hand-piece to gently heat tissue of the Vagina for tightening and for decreased urinary incontinence.
- Candela GentleMax Pro Laser Hair Removal – is the gold standard for laser hair removal in all Fitzpatrick skin type that combines the fastest and most powerful 755 nm Alexandrite laser with an equally powerful 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser.
- KTP – treats large red veins and dark brown spots or seborrheic keratoses.
- CO2 Laser – fractional resurfacing laser for acne scars, scars, xanthelasma, and syringomas around the eyes.
- Lumenis M22 ResurFX Laser – 1565nm fractional non-ablative laser tailored to address the early signs of aging or acne scars. Brilliant results for skin texture & overall skin appearance with 4-6 treatment sessions.
- Lumenis M22 IPL – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment—also known as a Photofacial designed to effectively treat skin discoloration and blemishes (like sun damage or freckles) and to minimize visible signs of aging. It removes both unwanted pigmentation and vascular lesions from the skin (red and brown discoloration).
- DEKA DOT is Fractional CO2 laser – that uses a laser skin resurfacing technology that is considered safer, more powerful and more efficient than previous CO2 lasers. DEKA “remodeling” is the most intense laser treatment option. This is a resurfacing option for deeper wrinkles and textural problems
- Cynosure TempSure Envi – Monopolar Radiofrequency penetrates deeply into the skin with more precision and depth than the other RF devices to minimize facial fine lines and wrinkles and tighten the skin after 3-6 sessions. It’s safe for all skin types and levels of sun exposure, so it fits perfectly into any beauty maintenance routine, any time of year.
- Sofwave – uses Synchronous Ultrasound Parallel Beam (SUPERB™) technology to generate heat in the dermal layer of skin, where collagen is created. The heat causes a targeted injury that triggers a very powerful boost of collagen production and tightens the existing collagen fibers, giving the skin a lift.