ZO Controlled Depth Peel (Latest ‘Blue Peel’ by Dr. Obagi)
The ZO Controlled Depth Peel updated version of the Obagi “Blue Peel”, is an in-office dermal peel using TCA 20-26% (trichloracetic acid) with multi-action components for intense exfoliation and skin renewal.
Multi-action components include:
- Glycerin Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Lipid/Skin barrier replenishment)
- Yucca Schidigera (Yucca) Root Extract (Anti-inflammatory)
- Diethylhexyl Syringylidene Malonate (Anti-oxidant)
The Controlled depth peel is a very effective procedure to maintain lifelong healthy skin renewal. It is considered a medium depth peel and can be designed to penetrate to the Immediate Reticular Dermis (IRD). Penetration to the IRD dramatically reduces wrinkles and causes skin tightening. With multiple sessions it could be comparable to having a face-lift without the surgery. Controlled depth removes layers of aged and damaged skin, and promotes the creation of healthy skin. The process smooth’s the surface of your skin, improves skin tone and color, diminish wrinkles, and shrinks pore size.
This peel has different concentrations depending on every patient (20% and 26%) your provider will decided which concentration is the proper one for your skin.
Process of peeling usually begins 2-3 days after the peel and could continue up to and beyond 7-10 days. This varies based on patient response and concentration.
It is used to medically treat the various skin conditions including acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, rough texture, pigmentation disorders, and sun damage. Enriched with lipid supplements, skin irritation modulators, and antioxidants, this innovative peel helps replenish skin barrier function and minimize post-peel irritation.
- Increases cellular turnover rate– It continually pushes fresh cells to the surface more quickly, resulting in even skin tone,
- Repairs intracellular transcription of keratinocytes- It causes basal layer of skin to produce cells that are more uniform resulting in to better skin structure.
- Reduces overactive melanocyte production– Pigmented skin cells begin to become regulated – creating a more even toned appearance resulting into reduced hyperpigmentation.
- Stimulates fibroblast – It increases collagen formation resulting in stronger, more resilient skin with fewer lines and wrinkles.